Sign in

Documents Required For Rentals In The United Kingdom

Release Date:

Documents Required For Rentals In The United Kingdom

In order to rent with Green Motion in the United Kingdom, you will need to bring the following documentation with you.

  • A Valid Driving License in Roman/Latin alphabet (held for minimum of 2 years)
  • Secondary photographic ID, such as a Passport (Matching the driving license address)
  • Credit card in the main driver’s name (Debit, prepaid, Diners and AMEX are not accepted)
  • DVLA Check Code (if you hold a UK driving license)
  • Hard copy of proof of address such as a utility bill or bank statement, issued within the last 4 months (if you are a UK resident)
  • Boarding Pass (if you are not a UK resident and flying in to UK)

Please view this short animation that explains what documentation you need to bring with you in order to hire in the United Kingdom.

If you have any questions regarding any of the documentation requirements, please contact the rental station you are hiring from ( or by emailing [email protected]

Back to advice listing