In honour of the recent grand opening of Green Motion in the vibrant city of Toronto, here are our tips for your visit!
During your stay in Toronto make sure you include the following destinations into your travel itinerary:
- Explore the CN Tower, the world's #1 elevator / lift ride! There are three observation levels including the famous glass floor with a view 324 m / 1,122 ft down, a great way to test your fear of heights! You can stand or even jump on the glass – don't worry, the floor is 256 square feet of solid glass which is actually 5 times stronger than the standard required weight for commercial floors.
- If heights are your thing, then you will also love visiting the Fantasy Fair located in the Woodbine Shopping Centre. Ontario's largest indoor amusement park offers the classic favourites – roller-coasters, a train, arcade, carousel and more!
- The Toronto Zoo is home to around 5,000 animals – with that much selection you are guaranteed to find an animal you love or maybe 5 or 10 or 5,000! The zoo is split into 7 regions with the animals enjoying tropical pavilions and naturalistic environments.
- Check out a sports game! You can attend ice hockey games at the Air Canada Centre and watch the Toronto Maple Leafs between October and April. When the hockey season finishes, there’s always baseball - watch the Toronto Blue Jays play at the iconic Rogers Centre from April to October.
- Go to the beach! Toronto’s Beaches community is a summer hotspot amongst those who like to stick around the city rather than venture to cottage country. Both family friendly and complete with great cafes and restaurants, The Beaches is a favourite amongst tourists and locals alike. Take a ferry over from the waterfront to Toronto Islands to enjoy excellent views back over the city.
- Don’t forget to try some poutine (hot chips, cheese curds and gravy) while you’re in Canada.
- Also be sure to check out St. Lawrence Market every Saturday – it was hailed as the world’s best food market by National Geographic in April 2012.
- Visit the Falls! No trip to Toronto would be complete without a jaunt over to Niagara Falls. Only an hour and a half away, it’s very easy to take a day trip in a rented car to one of Southern Ontario’s most beautiful sights. Along the way there are numerous vineyards where you can try some of the Niagara region’s delicious wines.
For more information on renting a car for your trip to Toronto, Niagara Falls and the surrounding area visit www.greenmotion.com