English English English Türkçe (Türkiye) Türkçe (Türkiye) italiano (Italia) italiano (Italia) español (España) español (España) français (France) français (France) polski (Polska) polski (Polska) svenska (Sverige) svenska (Sverige) srpski (latinica, Crna Gora) srpski (latinica, Crna Gora) Deutsch (Deutschland) Deutsch (Deutschland) Nederlands (Nederland) Nederlands (Nederland) suomi (Suomi) suomi (Suomi) hrvatski (Hrvatska) hrvatski (Hrvatska) српски српски lietuvių (Lietuva) lietuvių (Lietuva) latviešu (Latvija) latviešu (Latvija) español (México) español (México) English (Malta) English (Malta) български български
Green Motion Car and Van Rental Locations Franchise / Affiliate Terms and Conditions Contact Book Now


Environmental Policy Social and Corporate Responsibility Green Heart Donation Giving Back Careers Our Fleet Electric Vehicles


Green Silver Gold VIP


Basic Plus+ Premium Premium+


Turkey South Africa United Kingdom View all



New locations Awards Environmental News View all

Cool Motion



Toggle Menu
Baffled by brexit w320

Baffled by Brexit – Can I Still Use My UK license Within the EU / EEA?

On the 31 January 2020, the UK has officially left the European Union and has entered a period of transition.

The transition period runs till 31 December 2020, during which time, the following would apply:

  • UK licenses will be valid in all European Economic Area (EEA) countries, which includes all EU countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, along with Switzerland.
  • You do not need an International Drivers Permit (IDP) to drive in any EU and EEA country, or Switzerland, for stays of up to 12 months.
  • EU / EEA licenses will be accepted in the UK

If you are travelling outside of the EU / EEA, then you may require an IDP which can be bought from any post office for around £5.50. We suggest you check the laws within the country you wish to visit to see if an IDP is required.

For more information, please visit https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47459859