In Rovaniemi, Finland, visitors have the option to tour the city by public bus or by renting an environmentally friendly car. While the bus may be the cheaper and more convenient option for some, it is not always the best way to see the city. Here are a few reasons why:
With a rental car, visitors have the freedom to explore Rovaniemi at their own pace. They can make impromptu stops whenever they want to take photos or simply enjoy the scenery. They also don't have to worry about sticking to a schedule or making sure they're back at the bus stop in time.
Another advantage of having a rental car is that it allows visitors to venture off the beaten path. There are many beautiful places to see in Rovaniemi that are not accessible by public transport.
Rovaniemi is a town located in the Finnish region of Lapland. It is known as Santa Claus’s capital and a popular tourist destination, especially during winter. If you're planning a trip to Rovaniemi, here are five of the best places to visit:
1. Santa Claus Village: This is a must-see for anyone visiting Rovaniemi in winter. Located right on the Arctic Circle, Santa Claus Village is home to Santa Claus himself! There's also an amusement park, reindeer farm, restaurants and plenty of shops selling Christmas gifts and souvenirs. There is also Santa's Post Office. This post office is located in Rovaniemi, but it's actually addressed to Santa Claus himself. Letters sent here will be delivered by Santa's elves, and mailed from the North Pole.
2. Arktikum Science Centre: The Arktikum Science Centre is a great place to learn about the Arctic environment, climate change and indigenous peoples and wildlife of the Arctic. There are interactive exhibits and a planetarium, making it an enjoyable experience for all ages.
3. Rovaniemi Christmas Market: The Christmas market is held every year in December and is a great place to find unique gifts and try traditional Finnish foods.
4. Ounasvaara Rovaniemi: Ounasvaara is a hill in Rovaniemi, Finland. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city, due to its beautiful views and hiking trails. There are also several restaurants and cafes at the top of the hill. If you're visiting Rovaniemi, Ounasvaara is a must-see. Renting a car is the best way to get there, as it's located just outside of the city center. Once you're at the top, you can enjoy stunning views of the surrounding area, go for a hike, or grab a bite to eat.
5. Northern Lights: There's something truly magical about the Northern Lights. And there's no better place to see them than in Rovaniemi, Finland. Renting a car is the best way to get around Rovaniemi and to really take in all the beauty of the area. And with a rental car, you can go at your own pace and explore all the nooks and crannies of this beautiful city. One of the best things about seeing the Northern Lights is that they're always changing. So even if you've seen them before, they'll look different each time you see them. If you're lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights while you're in Rovaniemi, it's an experience you'll never forget. The best places to see the northern lights in Rovaniemi are, for example, the Arktikum botanical park and Ounasvaara
In Rovaniemi, Finland, renting a car is a great way to explore the city and its surroundings at your own pace. Not only is it more convenient than taking the bus, but it's also more environmentally friendly. Here are some of the benefits of renting a car in Rovaniemi:
1. You can explore the city and its surroundings at your own pace.
2. It's more convenient than taking the bus.
3. It's more environmentally friendly.
4. You can choose your own route and make stops along the way.
5. You can avoid traffic jams and crowded buses.
6. You can find parking easily and park for free in many places.
7. You can save money on transportation costs by renting a car for a week or longer.
There are a few things visitors to Rovaniemi can do to make their car rental eco-friendly and help protect the local environment.
First, be mindful of where you park. Avoid parking on vegetation or in areas that could damage sensitive ecosystems. If you must park on vegetation, use a board or something similar to distribute your weight.
Second, try to stick to paved roads as much as possible. Off-road driving can damage vegetation and soil, and is generally unnecessary in Rovaniemi.
Third, avoid using your car for short trips. Walking or biking is a great way to explore the city and get some exercise! If you must use your car, try to combine errands into one trip instead of making multiple trips.
There are many reasons to love car rental when exploring Rovaniemi. For one, it's more convenient than public transportation and you can go at your own pace. Plus, it's environmentally friendly! So if you're looking for the best way to explore Rovaniemi, look no further than car rental.