International travel post lockdown, at least initially, will be very different to how things were pre-pandemic.
From travelling to the airport to arrival at your destination, various new processes will have been adopted to safeguard your well being and that of the wider travelling community. These adaptations may mean that you have a few new things to think about when preparing for your next trip abroad.
Here's our checklist of travel essentials for travelling in the "new normal":
- Face masks, small hand sanitiser and antibacterial wipes for use whilst travelling and when required in resort (as per local guidance). Face masks are currently mandatory onboard aircraft and at many car rental locations, so we recommend that you practice wearing a mask for a long period of time prior to your departure.
- Travel insurance remains as important as ever, if not more so. Ensure that your policy covers you for cancellation pre-departure for Coronavirus related events and also provides assistance while you are overseas should the need arise.
- Snacks and a refillable water bottle for your journey. With limited shops and eateries open at most airports at the moment we recommend that you travel with enough provisions for your trip. You will find water refill stations after security at UK airports.
- Contactless transactions are now the preferred method of payment in many destinations. Check that your debit/credit card allows transactions in this manner or consider sourcing a currency card.
- Think about items that may not be provided at your destination that previously were such as beach towels - check with your hotel / accommodation provider to make sure you aren't caught out.
International travel will be different for some time to come, but that wont stop us from enjoying exploring new places! To book car rental with Green Motion for your post-lockdown adventures visit greenmotion.com - for the best rates book direct!